Sunday, August 14, 2011

Grandmother's Flower Garden


Shaun and I are making this quilt using the English Paper Piecing method.  It's so easy and very portable.  I can put everything I need to make one flower (cut out of course) put it in a baggie and stuff it in my handbag.  It's a nice fiddly piece of handwork that I can pass time with in the doctor's office or any other time I have to wait.  Shaun carries some to work and works on her lunch break.  It's an alternate to reading.  I hate to carry hard copy books in my handbag so if I don't have a paperback going at the time and little quilt piecing works just as well.

I've been told by Don that it's going to be a real trippy quilt.  I didn't know kids used that word anymore but he's right, it is a little trippy.  I like colors. :)



Grandmother's Flower Garden finished


No comments: